Here's how we supported National Apprenticeship Week 2023 #NAW2023 #SkillsForLife
The 16th annual National Apprenticeship Week #NAW2023 took place between 6th-12th February, coordinated and organised by the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS). This annual event brings together employers and apprentices from across the UK to celebrate the success of apprenticeships and traineeships with the aim of encouraging more people to choose an apprenticeship as a pathway to a great career.
Our multi award-winning apprenticeship scheme provides a professional route into the industry through a fully supported training and development programme providing opportunities at all levels, supporting them to develop academically and professionally up to Chartered status.
Approximately 20% of our workforce are employed through this initiative and we’re extremely proud of all that they have achieved.
During the week, we...
- Launched our 2023 Apprenticeship Recruitment Campaign
- Partnered with AAN and IfATE on their 'Apprenticeships - Embedding sustainable thinking' live event featuring our Peter Anderson, Managing Partner
- Spotlighted some of our Future Leaders representatives for their thoughts on what being part of the forum means to them
- Exhibited at the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Apprenticeships' careers fair in Westminster
- Held an organised site visit, run by one of our apprentices, Charlie Bagnall
- Featured in CIBSE's 'Employer Tuesday' campaign
What our apprentices say about us...
It’s great to receive such positive comments from our apprentices on their experiences working with us and whose feedback contributed to our RateMyApprenticeship Top 100 Employers ranking. View our profile and more reviews here.
Inspiring the next generation
We launched our Future Leaders forum in March 2022 and since then it's gone from strength to strength. The ideas and discussions are making a real impact to the future direction of our business, resulting in improved work life and benefits for all.
Throughout National Apprenticeship Week, we spotlighted a selection of our Future Leaders including Danny Fraser, Mechanical Engineer in Belfast and John Jones, Building Services Design Technician Apprentice in London. Hear from them below...