ESG Report 2022-2023
Showcasing our activities and achievements
A look back at 2023

At TB+A, we have continued to focus on the positive impact that we can have through our actions, knowledge sharing, and support to our clients, communities, and our people, nationally.

Across the built environment, we have also concentrated on pushing forward our thoughtful and powerful leadership with the following achievements:

  • Became a Programme Partner with UKGBC with their programmes centred on purpose and what we can do individually and collectively to address the effects of climate change and biodiversity loss.
  • Focused on future talent and providing opportunities for our leaders of tomorrow through the Future Leaders programme as well as organising visits to local schools where our apprentices and others have been presenting ‘Sustainability Superheroes’ to Year 5 and 6 pupils to raise awareness and interest in STEAM subjects
©Durrell & IPE

Our five-year Sustainability Strategy and Action Plan, showcasing our themes and goals around energy & carbon, circular economy, skills & diversity, health & well-being, community involvement, and leadership & advocacy for the industry is on track to be completed by the end of 2024. Currently 70% of actions are complete, with the remaining 30% in progress and targeted for completion.

As part of this journey, we also calculate our GHG Footprint year on year, and continue to work towards our approved SBTi targets which are:

  • At least a 50% reduction in emissions from business travel and fuel and energy-related activities by 2030
  • All key suppliers, representing 50% of TB+A’s emissions, will have science-based targets by 2023.

Against our 2018 baseline, we are exceeding our Scope 1 & 2 target with a 56% reduction to date. We have seen an increase in our Scope 3 target by 6% and therefore intend to look at alternative ways to improve to meet our overall target objectives by 2030.

Read this year’s report